The Martial Arts BOF is for people into any form of martial arts who are keen to get together, train, share and learn.
Time: 0630 - 0800
Place: Meet at the rego desk and we'll find somewhere nearby that is shady :) I'll suss it out in advance and then leave a note one the glass for people who come late.
Contact: If you can't find us, call Pia on 0400966453
We generally start with a bit of an introduction, then some show and tell where anyone is welcome to show something of their art or martial culture, and then we run a bunch of short training tasks where we all learn something cool from another art.
At the last few Martial Arts BOFs, we've had students (and sometimes teachers!) from various flavours of Chinese, Japanese, Brazilian, European and many other martial arts. Everyone is welcome! Even if you are just interested in martial arts, but not currently studying come along to watch, listen and share your thoughts :)
I've put 0630 as a start time so we have time to train, and then have brekkie and showers after, but come along anytime from 0630 till 0800 if you aren't up to the early start :) The earlier the better though!
Please add your name below along with your style. See you there!
- Pia Waugh - Shaolin Gung Fu
- Geoff Crompton - Aikido (Iwama, ie Morihiro Saito)
- Ian Beardslee - Zen Do Kai
- Paul - Ninjitsu
- Jenna - Capoeira
- Jim - Aikido
- Chris Yeardley - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Daryl Tester - Shotokan
- Dave Chinner - Shotokan
- Tim Bartlett - Practical Wing Chun kung fu (Wan Kam Leung school)
- David Gibson - Internal Gung Fu (Xingyi, ish)
- Olivier - Capoeira, acrobatics
A couple of thoughts for 2013 ..
- Have the one on the Monday. It'll give people a chance to consider having another couple of days through the week. May want to co-ordinate with the Running BOF in case people want to do both.
- Although I do find it quite nice to get outside in the morning to do some training, having ready access to someone's training space could be nice.
- We pick a 'common attack' and get each participant to go through demonstrating their response then let others work though that technique.
- We have just as much fun sharing.