The OpenPGP (GPG/GnuPG) keysigning will take place during lunchtime on Thursday, in Studio 1.
There are also people engaging in Adhoc keysignings during LCA.
Before the keysigning:
- Submit your keys at http://frase.id.au/lca
- report bugs or send patches to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Key submission will be available until 11am Thursday morning (subject to change).
What to bring:
- Your fingerprint(s), ready to recite from piece of paper (NOT the key list) or your own device.
- Government-issued photo ID (preferably multiple forms).
- A pen.
- (Pending confirmation) key lists (with fingerprints) will be provided at the event (printing is likely to be difficult for many participants).
At the keysigning:
- Each participant will recite their fingerprint (NOT from the key list).
- Participants put a tick next to keys if the recited fingerprint matches the fingerprint on the key list.
- We will form a long line (in key ID order) and then the line will turn back on itself. Each participant checks all others' photo ID.
- Put a tick next to keys whose uid(s) match the photo ID AND the photo ID matches the bearer. If you are unsure about the legitimacy of the ID or whether it matches the bearer, do not tick the key.
- Once the ID verification is completed, participants should put away the key list to prevent tampering.
After the keysigning:
- Acquire the keys (a keyring will be available for download at the submission site)
- Work through the key list and sign those these keys with TWO ticks.
- caff is a useful tool for doing this efficiently.