Monday Night BBQ
THIS HAS BEEN CANCELLED - Discussion taking place on IRC for a replacement.
After a mention of a Monday Night BBQ on the Chat list, I thought we should start a Wiki page.
Could everyone please fill out this form to indicate what sort of numbers we're looking at.
Hopefully cooking getting started as soon as possible after 5:30, with food starting to come off at 6 if all goes to plan. Depending on the number of people, cooking could continue on for a couple of hours so you don't need to rush.
$5 per person.
Person to blame Organiser: Rob Thomas (xrobau).
This is mainly a 'Get Everyone Fed' deal for Monday Night. As we're going to be a fair distance from food, it'll probably be a nice get together and chat.
BYO Soft Drinks/Soda/Alcohol
It appears that roughly 30% of attendees are Vegetarian/Vegan. We may need to have a seperate BBQ plate reserved for non-meat items.
Currently, looking at the number of people staying onsite (300), with a 50% take up rate (150), there'll probably be about 100 people having meat, and another 30 to 40 having vegetarian.
So. Assuming 2 sausages, 1 rissole, and 1 small steak for most people, this would be
200 sausages, 100 rissoles, 100 steak.
Plus associated salads, breadrolls (?).. what else do people want?
I assume that anything left over will be handed over to the unPDNS guys for their BBQ on Wednesday.
Note further discussions about this should be on the Talk:Monday_Night_BBQ page.
Expressions of interest
(Rob is renting a Tarago, so we'll have transport)
- Nick Clifford. Happy to help where needed. No car.
- George Patterson Happy to help where needed (no car but happy to cut onions :-P)
- Bianca Gibson - No car, happy to help with prep and cooking.
- Tod Thomson Happy to help with prep / cooking / serving / cleaning / etc :)
- Ravneel Chand (keen to help organise and what-not as well)
- Peter West - Did someone mention BBQ? I must remember to bring iced coffee.
- Geoff Hansford - Happy to help, I'll have a dual cab ute with me if we need to shift stuff.
- Jeff Stiff - Happy to lend a hand
- Jeremy Visser — Happy to rotate snags (tongs sold separately)
- Steven Ellis — BBQ King, happy to help out.
- Andrew Sands - Willing to lend a hand
- Arjen Lentz - vegetarian
- Lisa Sands - Prep + organise husband to do other stuff!
- Dan Hawke - happy to help pick vegetarian/alternate diet foods
- Karl Goetz (probably)
- Monica wood (probably)
- Peter Lawler Did someone say bacon?
- Stuart Longland — Brought some iced tea to share, supply your own cups however
- Dmitry D. Khlebnikov
- Alison and Adrian - happy to help with anything, need to run off by 8pm for observatory shenanigans
- Oleg Malashenko
- Jonathon Abbott
- Trent Norton
- Peter Serwylo - I am happy to drive into town if you need it (0431 608 014 - email@example.com). I have a van with plenty of room to carry sausages.